Thursday, November 16, 2017

RELEASE DAY BLITZ ~ Fortune by Lauren K. McKellar




Title: Fortune
Author: Lauren K. McKellar
Genre: Standalone Romantic Comedy
Release Date: November 16, 2017



Blurb

Grace Storey can’t wait to escape her small-town chaos and head for the big city for three main reasons: Work. Better cell-phone service. And the prospect of meeting her very own Prince Charming. After all, when the guy you crushed on since high school turns out to be a psychopath, and the only viable alternative is Creepy Keith, you need to take drastic measures to ensure life as a crazy cat lady is not in your future.
What she doesn't need is a bad-boy musician with a penchant for getting under her skin. Sex, drugs and rock ’n’ roll are the last things on her mind.

Darcy Fortune has three things on his mind: Sex. Drugs. And rock ’n’ roll (in that order). It’s how it has to be to keep the pain from his past at bay. After all, when you’ve hurt someone you love, it’s easier to numb the pain to keep on surviving. Easier to turn off your feelings than face the cold, harsh truth.
What he doesn’t expect is the sassy journalist with so much soul in her eyes. Could this woman be the one who breaks him?

Staying in control has never been as hard as this.

Fortune is a brand new standalone romantic comedy from Lauren K. McKellar.








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





Excerpt

My underwear is missing.
I know it like I know how to make the perfect meringue mix in minutes. I know it like I know that the grapes on the vineyard are just starting to grow, perfect little plump circles of ripeness.
I sigh, staring up at the washing line once more.
Yep.
The pair of plain white cotton knickers are most certainly no longer there.
And it could have been anyone. It could have been a magpie picking them off the line. My sister, Eva, having a romp in the vines with her sexy fiancé, needing a pair to walk home in after hers had been ripped off in a fit of passion. My grandmother deciding they were inappropriate for public display.
But my gut tells me different.
My gut tells me that perhaps my ex-boyfriend is the one to blame for the panty-napping, and that I’ll never see those comfortable tighty-whities again.
I run my hands through my hair, staring up at the clear blue sky. Why can’t I just have one morning where I feel in control? Where things in my life happen the way I want instead of dictated by someone else?
“Grace!”
I look back toward the homestead.
Eva stands on the front porch, waving at me. “I’ve made you an appointment with my therapist for next week.”
“Pardon?” I frown. What is she talking about?
“My therapist. She’s really good,” she replies. “After everything that happened with the fire, I thought it might help.”
“I don’t need a therapist,” I reply.
“You think that now, but trust me, once you see her, you’ll love having someone to talk to.” She pauses. “Oh! Speaking of, I also signed you up for a new phone contract with Connor and me. We got a good package deal, lots of inclusions, and …” She keeps talking, but I don’t listen. She’s organising my life. Doing it again.
And I know she wants nothing but the best for me, but I’m sick of not being in control. I’m sick of being little Grace Storey, the younger sister who has to laugh off her ex-boyfriend’s borderline stalkerish behaviour, the one who does as she’s told all the damn time.
I’m sick of it all.
And sometimes in life, you need a sign. A sign that perhaps it’s time to shake things up, to move forward. To go and find your fortune.
And as I look up at the clothesline, the spot where my underwear should have been, it’s never been clearer to me in my life. It’s time I leave this small country town for the big city, and start a new life.
It’s time I take control.



Author Bio


Lauren K. McKellar is a writer of contemporary romance reads that make you feel. This hybrid-published USA Today best-selling author loves writing books with stunning local settings, heart-throb heroes, and leading ladies who overcome great hardships in their lives.

In addition to writing, Lauren loves to read, and you can often find her up at all hours of the night with a glass of wine, some chocolate, and a good book. She lives by the beach in New South Wales, Australia, with her husband, infant son, and their two dogs. Most of the time, all four of them are well behaved.


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment